165 days from now is my birthday.
Today’s the 16th day of utilizing the scientific method, kaizen, and blogging.
Today’s the 7th day of writing on 3 * 5 index cards.
I will execute the scientific method on:
– acquiring the wisdom and knowledge of system dynamics and system thinking.
“STEP OR STAGE #1 of the Scientific Method
CURIOUS OBSERVATION http://scientificmethod.com/bklet/i_1.htm”
“Assigned, suggested, or thrust – A specific problem or field to pursue.”
I don’t have a specific problem or field to pursue that was assigned.
I have a specific problem that was suggested from reading a paper.
I don’t have a specific problem or field to pursue that was thrust unto me… at least not that I currently remember.
On to doing kaizen. p. 48 of ‘One Small Step Can Change Your Life’
“What’s one thing I wish to contribute to the world with my book, poem, song, or painting?” (Day 16)
– w/ my app?
“Whom could I ask for help or inspiration?” (Day 15)
“What is special about my creative process/talents/business team?” (Day 14)
What is special about my talent of developing software?
– It will help me connect with users who need my app and learn from them.
“What type of work would excite and fulfill me?” (Day 13)
“What is one thing I like about myself today?” (Day 12)
“If I were guaranteed not to fail, what would I be doing differently?” (Day 11)
“If you are trying to reach a specific goal, ask yourself every day: What is one small step I could take toward reaching my goal?” (Day 10)
What is one small step I could take toward reaching my goal?
“What is one small step I could take to improve my health (or relationships, or career, or any other area)?” (Day 9)
What is one small step I could take to improve my career?
– Create an evernote note called ‘Small Steps to Improve My Career’
“Is there a person at work or in my personal life whose voice and input I haven’t heard in a long time? What small question could I ask this person?” (Day 8)
“What’s one good thing about this person?” (Day 7)
“What is one small thing that is special about me (or my spouse, or my organization)?” (Day 6)
– I plan.
“1. Isolate a task either that you are afraid to do or that makes you uncomfortable. Try to give yourself at least a month before you actually have to perform this activity.” (Day 5)
2. “Decide how many seconds you’re willing to devote to mind sculpture for this task each day. Make sure you allot seconds, not minutes or hours; the time commitment should be so low that you can easily fulfill its requirements every single day. Repetition is important.” (Day 4)
– Then once I reach 60 seconds, increase 1 second and stop at 01:59 minutes.
3. “When you are ready to practice mind sculpture, sit or lie down in a quiet, comfortable spot and close your eyes.” (Day 3)
– I practiced after dinner, and I was so sleepy that I fell asleep & woke up @ 01:30.
4. “Imagine that you are in the difficult or uncomfortable situation and looking through your own eyes around you. What do you see? What is the setting? Who’s there? What do they look like? See the expressions on their faces, the clothes they are wearing, their posture.” (Day 2)
5. “Now expand your imagination to the rest of your senses. What are the sounds and smells and flavours and textures around you?” (Day 1)
– The sounds would be other people talking, tv.
– The smells would be the alcohol and food.