167 days from now is my birthday.
Today’s the 14th day of utilizing the scientific method, kaizen, and blogging.
Today’s the 5th day of writing on 3 * 5 index cards.
I will execute the scientific method on:
– acquiring the wisdom and knowledge of being a software developer
“STEP OR STAGE #1 of the Scientific Method
“Need project – Looking or brainstorming for problems or fields to investigate.”
Look for problems to investigate.
What problems must I investigate?
Brainstorm for problems to investigate.
Look for fields to investigate.
What fields must I investigate?
– software development
– start ups
Brainstorm for fields to investigate.
On to doing kaizen. p. 48 of ‘One Small Step Can Change Your Life’
“What’s one thing I wish to contribute to the world with my book, poem, song, or painting?” (Day 14)
– w/ my app?
“Whom could I ask for help or inspiration?” (Day 13)
“What is special about my creative process/talents/business team?” (Day 12)
What is special about my talent of developing software?
– It will help me achieve my goals..
“What type of work would excite and fulfill me?” (Day 11)
“What is one thing I like about myself today?” (Day 10)
“If I were guaranteed not to fail, what would I be doing differently?” (Day 9)
“If you are trying to reach a specific goal, ask yourself every day: What is one small step I could take toward reaching my goal?” (Day 8)
What is one small step I could take toward reaching my goal?
“What is one small step I could take to improve my health (or relationships, or career, or any other area)?” (Day 7)
What is one small step I could take to improve my career?
“Is there a person at work or in my personal life whose voice and input I haven’t heard in a long time? What small question could I ask this person?” (Day 6)
“What’s one good thing about this person?” (Day 5)
“What is one small thing that is special about me (or my spouse, or my organization)?” (Day 4)
– I’m analytical.
“1. Isolate a task either that you are afraid to do or that makes you uncomfortable. Try to give yourself at least a month before you actually have to perform this activity.” (Day 3)
2. “Decide how many seconds you’re willing to devote to mind sculpture for this task each day. Make sure you allot seconds, not minutes or hours; the time commitment should be so low that you can easily fulfill its requirements every single day. Repetition is important.” (Day 2)
– Then once I reach 60 seconds, increase 1 second and stop at 01:59 minutes.
3. “When you are ready to practice mind sculpture, sit or lie down in a quiet, comfortable spot and close your eyes.” (Day 1)
– Do this 1st thing in the morning when you wake up so that you’re fresh.